Monday, March 2, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow


Well, its been a while since the last time I had this experience.  After all, I've spent the last four years of my life in the Arizona Desert.  

Last night there came a blizzard, and it wasn't fit for man nor beast.  The grocery stores ran slap-out-a bread and milk and the world shut down for a day.  

Its been strange . . . kinda fun, kinda pretty, kinda boring, kinda deja vu.  Not a whole lot of people to talk to although a few did emerge from their cabins. 

Roger braved the elements, put on his snow shoes and traversed the frozen tundra all the way from his igloo in Rockwell like any respectable abominable snowman would do.  Richard and I faced the savage cold and with great courage survived the 100 yard trek from our houses to the church.  Wild Bill crossed over the river and through the woods to arrive at "base camp."  But that was about all the life we saw today, with the exception of a brief appearance by Yukon Ralph who dropped in to make sure that all was secure.   

We didn't see hide nor hair of the rest of the crew.  We just figured they had better sense than we did.  What a good day to stay at home and enjoy your family!  If I had not spent the night here in Kannapolis I would have spent the day in Yadkinville making a snowman with Katie.  

Snow days are good days.  They let us know that everything is not as important as it might seem.  The world can stop spinning every once and a while without everything falling to pieces.  Snow days remind us that it is alright to slow down and take it easy.

My prayer for you today is that you enjoy the simplicity of a frozen world.     

I think I am going to go enjoy a long winter's nap.

Wake me up when its over,

Pastor Keith

2 comments:

  1. Keith,
    Welcome back to Carolina winters some years.
    God does such a great job of everything that He creates.
    I enjoyed your take on the day of snow.

    I had a great day trying to keep warm because our power was off for thirty
    -six hours but my sweet hubby got the generator going so we could have heat in a few rooms and to get on the computer.
    I spent my snow day sitting in our living room enjoying the snow and reading the book--WHO STOLE MY CHURCH.
    It is a wonderfull book!!!!!
    We need to do this book in a small group study. How is that for telling you what we should do.
    God is always so faithfull.
    In Christ,
    Regina
    Watch out Beloved Pastor Keith!!
    You really got me Sunday pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regina,

    Roger is working on setting up some small groups for the next semester as I am writing this. You might want to put in a request for "Who Stole My Church." I started reading it as well. I am about two-thirds of the way through it, and you are right. It is a wonderful book. I think it helps people of all generations better understand folks from other generations.
    I really believe God can use this book to draw us all closer together.

    Love ya,
    PK

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Thinkin?